This is a very hearty soup that promises to fill you up. It tastes great served hot or cold and will have your kids asking for seconds!
Serves 4-5[gn_box title=”Ingredients” color=”#FFCC00″]
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded and diced in large chunks
- 1 large onion – diced
- 2 ribs celery – diced (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbls. Curry powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2-3 cups water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion, celery, and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft, add the squash and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and curry powder and cook approximately 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Let the soup cool until just warm and place in a blender (a food processer or immersion blender will also work).
- Blend until a smooth consistency. If the soup is too thick, add water until the desired consistency.
- Serve warm or cold.